START (Successful Transitions And Retention Track)
Department website: https://www.isu.edu/start/
START (Successful Transitions And Retention Track) is a one-semester college-prep program made possible by funding through a grant from The J.A. & Kathryn Albertson Foundation Continuous Enrollment Initiative and Idaho State University. The program is free to accepted students.
START at Idaho State University provides social and academic support as students manage barriers while they pursue sustainable career and life goals.
More information about START
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (208) 282-4359. We are located on the 3rd floor of the Roy F. Christensen Building, 777 Memorial Drive.
- Must have a high school diploma or have already passed the GED
- Complete START Application
- Complete the CASAS placement tests
- Attend Informational Meeting
- Participate in a one-on-one interview
What does START provide?
- A refresh of academic content and concepts
- Opportunities for ISU scholarships
- Math, Writing, and Technology & Research classes
- Mental health, career, and academic counseling
- Tutors and mentors to provide support
- "College Success" preparation course with a focus on Emotional Intelligence
- Emergency funds for health care, child care, transportation, and other needs
- Help with college application, financial aid, and scholarship processes
- Connections to university and community resources
- START backpacks for successfully completing the program