START (Successful Transitions And Retention Track)
Department website: https://www.isu.edu/start/
START (Successful Transitions And Retention Track) is a program made possible by funding through a grant from The J.A. & Kathryn Albertson Foundation Continuous Enrollment Initiative and Idaho State University. The program is free to accepted students.
START at Idaho State University provides social and academic support as students manage barriers while they pursue sustainable career and life goals.
More information about START
Send an email to email@example.com or call (208) 282-4359. We are located on the 3rd floor of the Roy F. Christensen Building, 777 Memorial Drive.
- Complete START Application
- Attend Informational Meeting
- Participate in a one-on-one interview
- Complete the CASAS placement tests
Who can START?
- Must have a high school diploma or have already passed the GED.
- Anyone needing to refresh their skills.
- Must successfully complete an application process and meet all requirements.
- Should have a desire to further their education.
- Must have enthusiasm, strong work ethic, and willingness to work for a better life.
What can START provide?
- Opportunities for ISU scholarships.
- Math, Writing, and Technology & Research classes.
- Mental Health, career, and academic counseling.
- Tutors and mentors to provide support.
- "College Success" preparation course with focus on Emotional Intelligence.
- Emergency funds for health care, child care, transportation, and other needs.
- Help with the college application process, financial aid, and university resources.
- Backpacks filled with school supplies.