Master of Health Education
To be accepted as an applicant for the Master of Health Education degree, the student must apply to and meet all criteria for admission to the Graduate School. In addition, the Health Education Program may require the applicant have the necessary background in:
- the related natural sciences, and
- basic statistical procedures.
The Admissions Committee will review MHE applications and admit prospective students who satisfy the MHE Program and Graduate School admission requirements. Applicants who do not completely satisfy requirements are referred to the Admissions Committee to determine recommended admission or denial.
For classified admission into the program, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- The student must apply to and meet all criteria for admission to the Graduate School.
- Submit all previous college transcripts and have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 in upper-division courses. An applicant who currently holds a graduate degree must submit transcripts, but the undergraduate GPA requirement will not be part of departmental consideration.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals (non-relatives) who are familiar with their abilities.
- Applicants must submit an essay (one to two pages, single-spaced) describing their interest in pursuing the MHE degree and their vision of how it will facilitate their career goals.
- Applicants currently holding degrees at the doctoral level from an accredited institution will not be required to submit GRE general test scores, except for applicants who have a professional doctoral degree (e.g., PharmD and Juris Doctorate). Those holding degrees at the baccalaureate and master's level must submit GRE general test results to the Graduate School.
|HE 6605||Leadership Policy and Administration||3|
|or MPH 6605||Leadership Policy and Administration|
|HE 6620||Health Program Planning and Evaluation||3|
|or MPH 6620||Health Program Planning and Evaluation|
|HE 6623||Curriculum and Supervision||3|
|or MPH 6604||Social and Cultural Perspectives in Public Health|
|HE 6639||Teaching Strategies in Health||3|
|HE 6640||Research and Writing in Health||3|
|or MPH 6640||Research and Writing in Health|
|HE 6660||Behavior Change Theory and Applications||3|
|or MPH 6660||Behavior Change Theory and Applications|
|Select either the Thesis or Non-Thesis option:|
|HE 6651||Masters Project in Health Education||1-6|
|Approved Electives 6|