Educational Specialist Degree
Education Specialist in Counseling
The Ed.S. program is designed for persons who have completed a master's degree in counseling and seek to increase their skills for advanced certification requirements or other professional objectives.
The applicant must:
- Hold a 60 credit master's degree in counseling from a CACREP accredited counseling program.
- Apply to Graduate School and Department of Counseling by on-line application by January 15.
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of work experience as a counselor (post-master's) and hold either a school counselor certification/endorsement or a professional counselor license.
- Be recommended for admission by the Department of Counseling Admissions Committee.
The student must complete a minimum of 70 credit hours of coursework (including the master's degree) and successfully complete a culminating experience. All Ed.S. coursework must be approved in advance by Department of Counseling faculty. A minimum grade point average of 3.0 is required over all course work taken in the Ed.S. program.
|COUN 6693||Supervision of Counselors||1|
|COUN 7759||Ed.S Internship||3|
|Six additional credit hours will be selected in consultation with a faculty advisor and may include:|
|COUN 6694||Psychodiagnosis and Psychotropic Drugs||2|