Applying to Graduate
Please refer to the Degree Requirements and General Education pages for specific program requirement information.
All students seeking a degree or certificate must apply for a graduation term (May, August, or December). The formal submission of an application for graduation begins the faculty recommendation review to the governing authorities responsible for formally conferring degrees and certificates.
Students are strongly encouraged to complete a graduation application at least one full semester before their anticipated graduation term. Graduation application dates and deadlines are noted on the Academic Calendar.
- The Office of the Registrar coordinates with departments and advisors to ensure the student is on track to meet all graduation requirements by the anticipated graduation date.
- Students work with their academic advisor to meet all degree, major, and/or minor requirements. Approved adjustments to the program of study must be formally recorded on the student's official degree audit record prior to the conferral of a degree/certificate.
How To Apply
- All candidates will have a non–refundable $20.00 diploma and processing fee applied to their student account per application.
- All pending transfer coursework taken in a student's graduating term must be reported to the ISU graduation staff in the Office of the Registrar.
- All transfer coursework applied to the program must be completed by the end of the ISU term in which the student plans to graduate. See Academic Calendar for dates.
- Transfer in-progress (TIP) grades will prevent the awarding of a degree or certificate. Students with TIP grades must have an official transcript sent directly from the issuing institution to the ISU Office of the Registrar with final grades posted before a degree or certificate can be awarded.
- Transfer coursework taken during the graduating term must be received by ISU no later than three weeks after the date of graduation. A final grade must be posted for the degree to be formally awarded in that ISU posting period. ISU awards degrees three times a year: May, August, and December.
- All incomplete (I) or in-progress (IP) grades received in ISU courses must be cleared prior to awarding of degrees.
Degrees, diplomas, or certificates may not be granted unless all degree requirements are fulfilled. A certificate or degree awarded in error, or upon fraudulent claims, will be withdrawn immediately and the student record corrected accordingly.