Drop or Withdrawal

Students may voluntarily drop graduate courses until the official drop date listed in the University Calendar. Dropped classes will not appear on a student's transcript. After the official drop date, students may withdraw from one or more courses prior to the withdrawal deadline with a "W" appearing on the transcript. To withdraw from a course or courses after the official withdrawal deadline, students must provide a written request using a Graduate School Petition. Students wishing to withdraw from graduate courses or a graduate program after the official withdrawal date must obtain approval from their professors, program/department chair, and the Dean of the Graduate School. Voluntary withdrawal from a graduate program during an appeal of dismissal automatically terminates the appeals process.