START (Successful Transitions And Retention Track)
START (Successful Transitions And Retention Track) is a program made possible by funding through a grant from The J.A. & Kathryn Albertson Foundation Continuous Enrollment Initiative and Idaho State University. The program is free to accepted students.
START at Idaho State University provides social and academic support as students manage barriers while they pursue sustainable career and life goals.
More information about START
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (208) 282-4359. We are located on the 3rd floor of the Roy F. Christensen Building, 777 Memorial Drive.
- Complete START Application
- Participate in an interview
- Complete the GAIN tests
Who can START?
- Must have a high school diploma or be working toward a GED or have already passed the GED.
- Anyone needing to refresh their skills.
- Must successfully complete an application process and meet all requirements.
- Should have a desire to further their education.
- Must have enthusiasm and a strong work ethic.
- Must be willing to work for a better life.
What can START provide?
- Opportunities for ISU scholarships.
- Skills focused math and writing workshops.
- Career and educational counseling.
- Tutors and mentors to provide support.
- "College Success" preparation course.
- Emergency funds for health care, child care, transportation, and other needs.
- Workshops on the college application process, financial aid, and university resources.
- Backpacks filled with school supplies.