Applying to Graduate
In addition to departmental requirements provided elsewhere in this catalog, the requirements for graduation from Idaho State University are in several broad categories, each of which is listed below:
1) Graduation Application
2) Credit Requirements
3) Catalog Requirements
4) Grade Requirements
Degrees, diplomas, or certificates may not be granted unless all requirements are fulfilled. A certificate or degree awarded in error, or upon fraudulent claims, will be withdrawn immediately and the student record corrected accordingly.
- Students on track to graduate are strongly encouraged to complete a graduation application no less than one full semester before all requirements are completed, but must formally apply for a graduation term no later than mid-term week of their graduating semester.
- Applications for December and May candidates must be received no later than mid term week of the graduation semester.
- Applications for August candidates must be received no later than the last day of spring semester.
- Students are contacted by the Office of the Registrar (after receiving a graduation application) if the degree audit indicates deficiencies.
- Students consult their advisors about all degree requirements and will resolve any deficiencies noted in the degree audit system with their advisor.
All students must apply for a graduation term, which begins the faculty recommendation process to the governing authorities responsible for formally conferring degrees and certificates.
How To Apply
- On-line: https://bengalweb.isu.edu
- All students are required to pay a $20.00 processing fee per application.
- All pending transfer work must be reported to the ISU graduation staff in the Office of the Registrar.
- Transfer coursework must be completed by the end of the ISU term in which the student plans to graduate - See academic calendar for dates.
- All transfer in-progress (TIP) grades must be resolved before a degree or certificate can be awarded.
- Official transcripts with final grades recorded for transfer work must be received no later than two weeks after the date of graduation.
- All incomplete (I) or in-progress (IP) grades received in ISU courses must be cleared prior to awarding of degrees.