Robotics and Communications Systems Engineering Technology
(1.5 to 3 Years)
|Laser/Electro-Optics Technology, A.T.C.||Certificate|
|Robotics and Communications Systems Engineering Technology, A.T.C.||Certificate|
|Robotics and Communications Systems Engineering Technology, A.A.S.||Degree||A.A.S.|
|Robotics Engineering Technology, B.A.S.||Degree||B.A.S.|
Graduates of the Robotics and Communications Systems Engineering Technology program will:
- Obtain gainful employment as professional, highly skilled, broad-based electronics technicians capable of working in a wide variety of electronics-related fields.
- Successfully integrate as productive team members in the electronics industry utilizing written, oral and electronic communications skills.
- Develop, install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment and circuitry integrated in audio, video, communications, laser, robotics, industrial electronics with embedded systems, and pulse electronic systems.
- Complete projects, produce project overviews with written and oral presentation components, and identify and address potential financial, ethical, and social concerns.
- Continue to expand their knowledge and remain current in a continuously expanding industry.
Required courses will be taught in sequential blocks of instruction. Successful completion of a course is required before the student can progress in the program. If the student fails any math, theory, or lab course, then that course must be repeated and a passing grade obtained before the student can advance in the program. The student must exit the program and make up their deficiency through Technical General Education or other appropriate methods. The student will then be allowed to repeat the course at the next available program opening.
Students must earn a C- or better in all RCET courses to progress in the program and graduate. An accumulative 2.0 GPA is required for graduation. For a Program Information Packet showing descriptions of each option, course descriptions, lists of course sequences, and the cost of books, tools, uniforms, fees, and other expenses, go online to https://www.isu.edu/robotics/.
The Associate of Applied Science in Robotics and Communications Systems Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.